Let Great Bike Tours Spoil You in the Adirondacks this Fall
Over 100 years ago many of the wealthiest and most prominent families of America’s Gilded Age – the Vanderbilts, Astors, Guggenheims, and Rockefellers – purchased land in the vast pristine wilderness of the Adirondacks. Their idea of “roughing it in the wilderness” was to build luxurious multi-building retreats – referred to as Great Camps – that were designed to blend into the surrounding landscape of stone and wood. Using native timber, granite, stripped twigs, and round stones, they created pastoral estates of astounding beauty and charm.
Just north of Saranac Lake, White Pine Camp boasts its own storied elegance and historical importance as the one-time summer White House of President Calvin Coolidge. Built at the turn of the 20th century, White Pine Camp features the classic Great Camp style of multiple buildings that form the compound. Open year-round for overnight guests, White Pine boasts an indoor tennis court, bowling alley and two boat houses, as well as the iconic Japanese Tea House extending into Osgood Pond on its own peninsula.
Following in the tradition of the Vanderbilts and Rockefellers 100 years before us, we also plan to spoil you rotten during your multi-sport visit to the wilderness.
A bit of how we Spoil You in the Adirondacks:
• Luxurious Great-Camp-style accommodations in Saranac Lake. Highlights include your own private luxury suite with rustic Adirondack-style furnishings combined with modern comforts such as Jacuzzi tub, waterfall shower, blender, washer/dryer, Wi-Fi, private balcony, private beach, nightly bonfires, and happy hour cruise on our very own pontoon boat
• Exclusive tour of the Great Camp at White Pine (once the summer White House of President Coolidge), including a picnic lunch overlooking their iconic Japanese Tea House
• Private boat tour to take us to dinner at a Relais & Chateaux resort
• On-call masseuse for all six days
• Chocolates on your bicycle seat (instead of your pillow)
• Free use of boats at all lodgings
The vast nature preserve that is the Adirondacks is beckoning to be explored. Lace up your boots, hop on your bike, or grab your paddle and head out for an experience unlike any other. Click here for more information on enjoying the wilds of the Adirondacks.
Have we sparked your interest for more information? To request a detailed itinerary of the Great Bike Tour New York Adirondack Adventure in late August visit https://greatbiketours.com/new-yorks-adirondack-adventure/