Central Vermont: The Heart of New England
Great Bike Tours offers the best bike tours in Vermont. Our six-day cycling tour is designed to include everything that Vermont is famous for, including fantastic roads for cycling, gorgeous fall colors (in season), peaceful farm countryside, covered bridges, great hiking trails, small villages with their quintessential country stores, local artisans, micro-brew beers, cheese production, locally-sourced organic food, apple & berry picking, and of course maple syrup.
We run our bike tours in late September and early October because Vermont is known for its gorgeous fall colors, and there is no better way to take in the scenery than from the seat of your bike.
Variable Length Tours
To allow as many people as possible to sample Vermont's autumn splendor, we have come up with a clever idea – an à la carte option – where you can decide how many days your tour will be. Join us for as little as two days, or as many as six, and you only pay for the days you attend. We are able to do this because our Vermont tour stays at one place the entire week; the majestic Amee Farm Lodge. The rides and activities each day are as described in the Detailed Itinerary.
- Spend the week enjoying the relaxed country elegance of the Amee Farm Lodge, and only unpack your bags once
- Join our tour for as long as you like, from two days to all six. Pay for just the days that you're with us.
- Cycle on Route 100 Scenic Byway, voted a Top 10 scenic road in the U.S. (New York Times) and one of the best places to view fall foliage in New England (U.S. News and World Report)
- Explore the quaint New England towns of Woodstock, Quechee, Brandon, and Middlebury
- Visit classic Vermont country stores and sample local micro-brew beers at Long Trail and Fiddlehead Breweries
- Enjoy short hikes on the Appalachian Trail, through Quechee Gorge, and on the Robert Frost Interpretive Trail
- Watch glassblowers at work in the original Simon Pearce workshop
- Taste local maple syrup at a mom-and-pop "sugar house"
- Explore Shelburne Museum or Shelburne Farms
- Discover Burlington's famous Church Street, and cycle the bike path alongside Lake Champlain
- Sample fresh produce & goats cheese from the organic farm (Sweet Georgia P's) across the road
- Pickup/dropoff at Burlington Airport (only applies to the full six-day tour)
- Free use of our new bicycles & helmets
- Full van support throughout your stay
- Five-night stay at the Amee Farm Lodge in Pittsfield
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts and 5 dinners
- The services of 2-3 professional bike tour guides
- Daily route notes & maps
- Great Bike Tours T-shirt & water bottle
- Welcome Reception featuring organic Vermont breads and local cheeses
- Admission to Billings Farm & Museum
- Unlimited fruit picking at Shelburne Orchards and Sunshine Valley Organic Berry Farm
Our unique combination of deluxe farmhouse accommodations and exquisite Vermont scenery results in one of the best bike tours in the whole of New England. Please join our Vermont cycling tour this fall. Contact us to find out about availability.