Three Options to Choose From
1. Choose from our existing destinations, following the pre-set itinerary for that particular tour.
You may reserve one of our published departure dates (and make it yours), or you may choose your own custom departure date for your private group. We will charge each person the regular advertized rate (minimum group size applies).
2. Customize the itinerary of an existing (published) tour.
We particularly enjoy working with groups to design these special tours to suit their exact needs and desires. The tour cost will depend upon the number of people and the additional services/activities requested. Previous examples have included making a specific tour easier/harder, or putting more emphasis on specific activities such as golfing, hiking, or micro-brew beer tasting. In the past few years we have put together customized itineraries for private groups traveling to New Zealand, Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands, the Okanagan Wine Country of British Columbia, Central Vermont, and most recently Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard.
3. Choose a new destination.
We are totally open to considering any new destination that your group would like to explore. Call us up and let’s brainstorm together. In fact, some of our best tours have started out this way. The tour cost will depend upon the number of people and the services/activities requested.
Minimum Group Size
For an exclusive and private group departure, GBT requires a minimum group size of 12-18 people (depending on destination). At that point you will own the trip, from start to finish.
Rave reviews of our Custom Trips
- “For our custom tour, the itinerary was ideally matched to the experience level of the group. The accommodations, food, equipment, personalities, professionalism, and schedule of activities were nothing but “top notch.” I travel globally for my work where I have experienced many ‘tour’ operations, and I can say that Great Bike Tours was as good as any tour organization I have every experienced, anywhere. Money and time well spent!” George S. (custom tour in Central Vermont)
- “Simon and Jessica organized a tour for our club based on our requests: the mileage and terrain were perfectly challenging with spectacular views and delightful stops along the way. Lots of smiles over many miles!” Lee W. (custom weekend tour in Central Vermont)
- “We were a group of 14 from Oregon who spent a week with Great Bike Tours in Vermont. My husband and I couldn’t have been happier. They even cooked dinner for us when we wanted to eat in, but also shuttled us to local restaurants. We had the opportunity to mix riding with many cultural experiences, such as museums and mom and pop maple syrup vendors. It would be hard to beat the level of personalized care they provide. We would go with them again in a heartbeat.” Lee H. (custom tour in Central Vermont)
- “Our tour was well planned and led. I have great confidence that Simon and Jessica can craft a tour to suit the needs of your group, large or small.” Judith H. (custom tour in Colonial Wiliamsburg for the Academy of the Sacred Heart)