Prior to joining any of our trips, each guests need to read this page, and then sign the two forms at the bottom of the page which declare that you will abide by all of our COVID Protocols, and that you aren’t exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
For everyone’s health and peace-of-mind, we expect all participants to agree to the following:
- Follow all State and Federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety protocols & restrictions.
- COVID-19 Test – While we’re not making it a condition to join our trips, we are strongly urging all participants to get tested for COVID-19 prior to joining the group. We are urging you to get tested even if the State does not require it.
- If at the last minute the State imposes stricter entry guidelines (requiring visitors to quarantine beforehand and/or obtain a negative test result), GBT is not responsible if you miss your trip because you didn’t bother to get tested (most states that currently have a quarantine requirement will allow you to avoid quarantine if you can produce a negative test result instead). To view our full refund policy, please see Terms and Conditions under COVID-19.
- If you take the COVID-19 test, please take the molecular PCR test (as opposed to the antibody test), and have your test taken 3-5 days before you enter the State.
- Social distancing – GBT will request social distancing of at least six feet, especially inside. In situations where its not possible to maintain a six-foot separation from others, please put on your mask. We are urging you to respect social distancing, even if the State does not require it.
- Masks – We ask that all guests bring their own face mask or other face covering. This is important for the health of all concerned, as well as for general peace-of-mind. Please wear these face masks when:
- You’re traveling in our vehicles (we’ll crack the windows to maintain adequate air flow).
- Whenever GBT guests gather for a meeting (either inside or outside).
- Please be considerate of others in regards to the mask issue. We want everyone to feel safe and relaxed, and we don’t want our staff to have to police the issue. If you’re not willing to wear your mask around others, perhaps this isn’t the trip for you.
- We will not require you to wear a mask while cycling.
- Temperature checks – A member of the GBT staff will take your temperature upon arrival, and if it is above 100.4 degrees F, you will not be allowed to join our trip. In addition, each morning we will do a temperature check at breakfast and if you have a temperature above 100.4 degrees, we will kindly ask you to leave the trip.
- Illness – If during the week you exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, lack of smell), you must inform your guides and seek medical attention immediately.
- Van rides – When necessary, GBT will provide two vans for the transfers (so you can spread out as much as possible), with no more than 8 guests and 2 guides per 15 passenger van.
- Cycling – We will request that guests not cycle too close to each other (to enable physical distancing).
Agreement Regarding GBT Safety Protocols During COVID-19
By signing this statement, I hereby declare that I have read all eight bullet points above, and that I agree to abide by them all. Failure to agree to these bullet points will mean that you will not be able to join our bike tour.
COVID-19 Symptoms Statement
By signing this statement, I attest that no one in my party is currently exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 such as:
- Fever in the last 48 hours
- Respiratory symptoms such as sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath
- Changes in a person’s sense of taste or smell
I also attest that I have not been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.