Like everyone else, we’re adjusting to the “new normal” this virus has brought us, which includes changes to how we travel. As we navigate these unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our guests and of our staff remains our top priority. With this in mind, we have cancelled all of our remaining 2020 bike tours.
If during your 2021 bike tour there is still a concern about the corona virus, GBT will take every possible precaution to ensure that our guests and staff remain healthy. We will follow the health & safety guidelines from the CDC, WHO, along with the state/country in which we are located.
In some ways it will be easy for us to accomplish a thorough COVID-19 safety protocol, because we’ve been doing it for years, including:
- Keeping our groups small (average of 10-14 people, with a maximum of 18)
- Biking in wide open spaces, far from the crowds
- Encouraging cyclists to leave plenty of space between each bicycle, which makes it safer for the cyclists, and allows any cars to pass them more easily. So without even knowing it, we were already preaching “physical distancing” (also known as “social distancing”)
- Providing the vast majority of our bike trips with two support vans, allowing you plenty of space to spread out when taking a lift in the van, which by definition is good for physical distancing
- Cleaning and sanitizing our helmets and rental bikes after each tour