By signing up for a vacation with Great Bike Tours, you must agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions outlined below.
GBT Protocols During COVID-19
As we continue to navigate through the COVID pandemic, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff continue to remain our top priority. If there is still a risk of COVID transmission during your 2022-23 bike vacation, GBT will take every possible precaution to ensure that our guests, staff, and local partners remain healthy. GBT will abide by all health & safety guidelines from the CDC, WHO, along with the state/country in which we are located. By the same token, we expect all of our guests to abide by these same health & safety guidelines.
Requirements to Attend our Trips
June 15, 2022 – Until further notice, GBT requires that all guests provide proof of a negative COVID test OR proof of vaccination. You can do one or the other – you do not have to do both. Here’s the fine print:
- Get TESTED before traveling with us, within 72 hours of the start of the tour. You will need to provide proof of a negative test result from a COVID-19 PCR test (email this proof to [email protected] before the start of the trip).
- Get fully VACCINATED before traveling with us (one or two shots, depending on the brand). These vaccinations need to be completed 14 days before the start of your trip. Booster shots are recommended but not required. Please email a copy of your vaccination card, prior to arriving on the trip, to [email protected]. All of our guides have been fully vaccinated and boosted.
If any guests are found to be in violation of our requirements (see above, 1 or 2), then you will not be allowed to participate in the trip and will not receive any refund of your trip costs.
Arrival on Tour
We ask that our guests arrive on tour in good health. We will ask you to sign a form attesting that you’re in good health; that you’re not exhibiting any symptoms of COVID; and that you haven’t been around anyone with COVID in the previous few weeks.
All guests should bring their own face mask from home. You WILL be required to wear a mask when traveling in our vans. You will not be required to wear it while cycling. We’ll make every effort to have hand sanitizer available, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own.
What if someone exhibits COVID symptoms during the trip?
If someone experiences symptoms during the trip, the guides will ask the guest to isolate while a COVID test is arranged. If the guest tests positive, they will be asked to leave the trip, and GBT will not be able to offer any refunds. For this reason and others, we recommend purchasing Travel Insurance before your trip.
Reservations and Payments
Our published prices are per person based on double occupancy, quoted in U.S. dollars. Solo travelers are subject to an additional single-supplement surcharge. To secure your reservation we require a deposit of $500 per person. The balance of your trip cost is due 90 days prior to departure. All payments should be made by check to Great Bike Tours.
Cancellation and Refunds
Cancellations related to COVID-19:
- Guest cancellation: If you are subject to a Statewide stay-at-home ordinance (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), and thus are unable to get to your bike tour, then you may cancel your tour and receive a full refund (not including your airfare). However, if your flight is canceled because of COVID-19 (or canceled for any other reason), then we will not be able to issue any refunds on your tour price (or on your lost airfare). For this reason, we recommend that all our guests consider purchasing travel insurance (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
- Tour cancellation by GBT: We will cancel a tour if local, state, or federal authorities prohibit us from running the tour because of COVID-19. Under these circumstances we will refund everyone in full.
- COVID-19 illnesses: If any of our guests come down with COVID-19, either before or during the bike tour, they will not be allowed to take part in the tour, and GBT will not be able to issue any refunds. For this reason, we recommend that all our guests consider purchasing travel insurance (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
Cancellations not related to COVID-19:
If you must cancel your reservation, you must do so in writing. If you cancel, then the cancellation refunds/penalties will be determined according to the policy outlined below:
- Cancellations made more than 90 days prior to tour departure will receive a full refund, minus a $150 processing fee, per person.
- Cancellations made 61-90 days prior to tour departure will be charged 30 percent of the full trip price.
- Cancellations made 31-60 days prior to tour departure will be charged 60 percent of the full trip price.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to tour departure will be charged 100% of the purchase price.
- Changes to your reservation can be made to another tour date (subject to availability) with no penalty if made more than 60 days prior to original tour departure date. If you are within 60 days of your original departure date and choose to transfer to another tour, you will be charged a $150 processing fee per person and may be subject to additional cancellation fees (as stated above).
There are no refunds for arriving late, leaving a tour early, no-shows, personal emergencies, illnesses, fear of pandemics, or bad weather (either during the tour, or preventing you from making it to the tour). Great Bike Tours cannot make any exceptions to the above cancellation policies. For all the above reasons, we recommend that all our guests consider travel insurance coverage (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
Cancellation by Great Bike Tours
Great Bike Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour at any time for any reason. All of our trips require a minimum number of participants for the tour to operate, and we reserve the right to cancel any trip that fails to reach that minimum number. In the event of cancellation, a full refund will be sent to each guest. However, Great Bike Tours will not reimburse for any personal expenses due to tour cancellations, such as prepaid airline tickets or other travel or hotel expenses. For these reasons and more, we recommend purchasing travel insurance (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
Prior to starting the tour, all participants will be required to read, understand, and sign a release of liability. This document states, in part, that “In consideration of being permitted to participate in a tour operated by Great Bike Tours, LLC, I do for myself, my heirs, legal representatives and assigns hereby release, waive and discharge Great Bike Tours, LLC, its agents and employees from any and all liability to myself, my heirs, my legal representatives and/or assigns for any and all loss or damage on account of injury to my person or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while participating in the tour. Furthermore, I assume and accept full responsibility for the risk of bodily injury, death or property damage while participating in the tour.”