By signing up for a vacation with Great Bike Tours, you must agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions outlined below.
Reservations and Payments
Our published prices are per person based on double occupancy, quoted in U.S. dollars. Solo travelers are subject to an additional single-supplement surcharge. To secure your reservation we require a deposit of $500 per person. The balance of your trip cost is due 90 days prior to departure. All payments should be made by check to Great Bike Tours.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Cancellations made more than 90 days prior to tour departure will receive a full refund, minus a $150 processing fee, per person.
- Cancellations made 61-90 days prior to tour departure will be charged 30% of the full trip price.
- Cancellations made 31-60 days prior to tour departure will be charged 60% of the full trip price.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to tour departure will be charged 100% of the purchase price.
- Changes to your reservation can be made to another tour date (subject to availability) with no penalty if made more than 60 days prior to original tour departure date. If you are within 60 days of your original departure date and choose to transfer to another tour, you will be charged a $150 processing fee per person and may be subject to additional cancellation fees (as stated above).
There are no refunds for arriving late, leaving a tour early, no-shows, personal emergencies, illnesses (including epidemics and pandemics), or bad weather (either during the tour, or preventing you from making it to the tour). Great Bike Tours cannot make any exceptions to the above cancellation policies. For all the above reasons, we recommend that all our guests consider travel insurance coverage (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
Cancellation by Great Bike Tours
Great Bike Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour at any time for any reason. All of our trips require a minimum number of participants for the tour to operate, and we reserve the right to cancel any trip that fails to reach that minimum number. In the event of cancellation, a full refund will be sent to each guest. However, Great Bike Tours will not reimburse for any personal expenses due to tour cancellations, such as prepaid airline tickets or other travel or hotel expenses. For these reasons and more, we recommend purchasing travel insurance (we suggest Allianz Travel Insurance).
Prior to starting the tour, all participants will be required to read, understand, and sign a release of liability. This document states, in part, that “In consideration of being permitted to participate in a tour operated by Great Bike Tours, LLC, I do for myself, my heirs, legal representatives and assigns hereby release, waive and discharge Great Bike Tours, LLC, its agents and employees from any and all liability to myself, my heirs, my legal representatives and/or assigns for any and all loss or damage on account of injury to my person or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while participating in the tour. Furthermore, I assume and accept full responsibility for the risk of bodily injury, death or property damage while participating in the tour.”